Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hermiston, Oregon, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Surveyor Lead for our Hermiston, Oregon Location.
- Sets up GPS base post and localizes the project sit
- P erforms an initial topographic survey of the entire project prior to any excavation or stripping.
- P erforms additional topographic surveys on a periodic basis
- Utilizes and enforces Wood's Standard Operating Procedures
- Sets up GPS base station, rover, and heavy equipment machines for the dirt project and loads all necessary file
- Checks into control points to verify the localization periodically or daily if need
- Checks the elevations and grades of the cutting edge of the blades on all machines that are using Machine Grade Control GP
- Checks calibration of all GPS machines periodically or daily and recalibrates when necessary.
- Sets grade stakes if required
- L ays out utilities
- Works with Mass Excavation Foreman and operators to ensure the accuracy of the machine grade control equipment and programming. Makes adjustments as neces
- Works with Mass Excavation Foreman and operators to ensure that the machine grade control equipment is used and is used correctly.
- P erforms all responsibilities in accordance to Wood's standard operating procedu
- Prepares finish grade surface model per the construction plans utilizing the engineer CAD file;
- Shall prepare tentative weekly schedule for all survey and layout activities to be performed in the region and provide copies to all Project Managers and Site Managers
- Consults with Project Managers, Site Managers and Superintendents on a periodic basis and attends operations and scheduling meetings as necessary
- Prepare, load and manage Trimble and Topcon Machine Grade Control files for all GPS equipment to include dozers, scrapers, base stations and rovers.
- Installation and maintenance of all GPS equipment to include Base Stations, Rovers and Machine Grade Control units
- Prepared cut/fill exhibits - generate topographic surveys and prepare overall site balance and any requested region reports
- Prepare as-built and topographic surveys for close-out documents or as required by contract and/or municipality
- Prepare stake out data for construction layout of utilities, curbs, walks, etc. as necessary;
- Maintains and tracks the inventory of all GPS equipment (machines and survey related), transits, levels, lasers, tripods and leveling rods
- Performs the duties of the GPS Technician as needed
- Ensure all of the abovementioned duties are performed in accordance to Wood's standard GPS Operations and Procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience - Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university is preferred; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
C o mputer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the Internet, Outlook, and Excel. The individual should also be proficient with with AccuGrade, Trimble, and Topcon software.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear, and to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must be hands on and willing to get dirty. Must have the ability to sit, talk, hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. May be required to drive a company vehicle. Must have the ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Wo r k Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to work at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and a moderate to very loud work environment
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.