Skills: Electrical Technician, Electrician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Seminole, Texas, United States
Wood is currently sourcing an an Electrical Foreman to join our construction team for various projects in the US.
Authorization to work lawfully in the U.S. without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of electrical construction projects which may include, but are not limited to layout, installation and repair of wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, control equipment and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment Follows electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications Responsible for assuring work is done in a professional manner, meeting client specifications within budget and on time, and maintaining a safe work environment Maintenance/Small capital position.
- Examine and inspect work progress, equipment, and construction sites to verify safety and to ensure that specifications are met.
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, and company policies.
- Read specifications such as blueprints to determine construction requirements and to plan procedures.
- Assign work to employees, based on material and worker requirements of specific jobs.
- Confer with managerial and technical personnel, other departments, and contractors in order to resolve problems and to coordinate activities.
- Estimate material and worker requirements to complete jobs.
Skills / Qualifications
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate);
- At least five (5) years of related supervisory experience in the electrical construction industry
- Valid and current Driver License with clean driving record.
- Willing to travel.
- Electrical License a plus
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.