Skills: Geotechnical Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
Wood currently has an opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer to support a large project in our Reading offices. Initially for this role you will be required to work from home but will eventually move into the office with the project team. This role is a 6 - month contract.
- Review and comment on Geotechnical Investigation Reports and other deliverables submitted by Subcontractor carrying out the survey, testing and analysis work
- Co-ordinate and interface with the Client and the designated Subcontractor
- Co-ordinate with all disciplines to ensure that their survey requirements are captured
- Work closely with the Commercial team to keep track of changes to the scope of work
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum BSc / BEng (Hons) in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical or other relevant land science degree with experience in Civil Design
- Chartered Membership would be an advantage (or nearing application to a relevant institution)
- Experience of ground improvement techniques, dewatering and piling advantageous.
- Good interpersonal skills
- O&G experience
- Able to work within a team environment
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.