Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Darlington, England, United Kingdom
Wood Process & Energy is seeking an experienced Construction Planner to work from our Darlington office, working on a new project
This will involve working collaboratively with the Client and other delivery team members, initially developing integrated construction plan.
Depending on workload this will also involve other onsite planning support for other construction schemes including maintenance and anomalies.
- Understanding the scope of the framework and contract deliverables.
- Collection of data required to prepare the detailed construction schedules. Including assistance in population of the company job card management system.
- Raising of activities and coding structure in the selected planning software.
- Interfacing of planning information received from Wood into the client systems.
- Delivery of an appropriately detailed and robust schedule based on Jobcards.
- Assistance in co-ordination of logical links between engineering, construction and completion programmes.
- Production of Short Term Lookaheads for each construction discipline on a weekly basis.
- Liaison with engineering/site teams and feedback of planning/progress information on a weekly basis.
- Analysis of schedule data and communication of results to relevant parties.
- Production of construction labour forecasts/histograms.
- Production of weekly planning reports as required by the client.
- Presenting the schedule of work to others on the project and to job responsible engineers (JRS's).
- Producing visual aids to help explain the schedule of work, including bar charts, network diagrams and histograms.
- Making sure the achieved progress on the project fits the progress anticipated in the schedule.
- Keeping in contact with the Lead Planning Engineer and client focal point.
- Maintain the schedule and report and variances or issues related to it.
- Making adjustments to schedules if necessary.
- Liaising with individuals on the project (who may be in another office) via video conference.
- Ensuring that all the separate elements of the project fit together and are working towards a common aim Identifying the best series of events in the correct order for the project to finish on time and on budget.
- Carry out all works in compliance with both Wood and the clients Corporate and Project specific procedures.
- Attendance at relevant progress and planning meetings.
- Travel as required between the project offices and site (Darlington, Hull and Grimsby).
- Adherence to Wood's company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum two years relevant experience in the oil / gas industry.
- Must be familiar with planning and scheduling of activities, cost estimation, budgeting and cost control for all aspects of Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning of major oil / gas plants.
- He / she must have handled FEED Engineer / EPC Contractors for their planning packages and costing activities.
- Shutdown and TAR experience essential.
Skills & Competencies:
- Proficient in Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project.
- SAP Experience
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.