Skills: QA / QC / Inspection, Reliability Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Wood are looking for a Delivery Assurance Manager who will control, manage and monitor the application of Quality management measures and systems across the BSP Rejuvantion Contract in accordance with Wood quality policy, quality standard and agreed o bjectives.
Ensures the effective implementation and maintenance of quality management systems, complying with ISO 9001 requirements where applicable. Report to top management on the performance of quality within their designated business area and proposing solutions and continual improvement.
The role will be working alongside the other members of the BSP contract leadership team to monitor the effectiveness of the business in identifying and managing risks and working with the business to identify, quantify and implement appropriate mitigations and improvements.
Skills / Qualifications
- Management of all aspects of quality across assigned business unit/grouping, etc. including the supervision of assigned quality managers and functional team members
- Effective quality planning to ensure quality budgets are established, the function is resourced and defined quality deliverables are produced in line with agreed timeframes
- Resourcing of quality professionals with the appropriate quality experience and competencies
- Ensuring direct reports are assessed as being competent for their allocated roles and coaches, mentors and supports the ongoing development of these resources
- Quality representative and interface with top management on all quality related matters
- Develop, implement and monitor the application of, and compliance with the Group Operations Assurance policy
- Develop with senior operations management a risk based BSP contract assurance plan
- Provide clarity and visibility on the status of delivery assurance within the contract
- Actively monitor and report compliance with Wood operations assurance standard through tier 3 operational oversight
- Effective supply chain quality managements are implemented including vendor capability assessments
- Performance monitoring and failure investigations
- Identify and assess principal risks for the contract and lead audits and reviews as defined in the project assurance plan
- Lead investigations of high impact technical incidents and serious deviations to standards through the use of an appropriate investigation process, provide constructive feedback and coaching
- Develop and implement leading and lagging project delivery indicators and advise on improvement actions and initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships with the Wood Senior management, Wood's clients and, where appropriate, external stakeholders e.g. regulator, trade associations
- Maintain a focus on Strategic initiatives and developments / learnings to ensure the transfer of best practice
- Responsible for implementing and sharing learnings and best practice internally and externally across Wood in a structured, standard and auditable manner
- Support and contribute to 3rd party audits
Must be a Bruneian citizen or Brunei permanent resident
- Degree/Diploma or local equivalent in quality management or related discipline (essential)
- Lead Auditor qualification by recognised industry body (desirable)
- Formal training in recognised root cause analysis techniques (desirable)
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- 10+ years relevant experience (Preferably in the associated industry).
- Familiarization with relevant legislation and regulations
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to exercise positive influence without direct line authority
- High level of communication skills, written and verbal, must be a good listener
- Familiarity with managements systems and standards (e.g. ISO 9001, 14001, 18001)
- Effective communicator with excellent written and oral skills. Able to listen, question and bring consensus on difficult issues.
- Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external).
- Gives frequent open honest feedback to team.
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating, and process improvement. Able to plan and manage work and deliverables.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills of less experienced technical staff and shares expertise with others.
- Strong knowledge of the work process and how it integrates into the overall project.
- High level of intellectual ability and must be an effective communicator and can listen and give adequate instructions.
- Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust.
- Challenges old ways and constantly seeks new and better solutions, and is a catalyst for change.
- Strong and effective decision-making, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.