The Systems Support Engineer will play an integral role within ENGIE's Technical Services team. A strong applicant must be knowledgeable, detail-oriented and a quick learner who is ready to jump into the flow. You will work closely with our Renewables Operations team and equipment vendors to ensure our Energy Storage Systems are running smoothly and any issues are reconciled in a timely manner.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with the Technical Services Manager and Project Engineers on commissioning and troubleshooting issues relating to systems deployment.
- Provide local and remote support for technical issues affecting energy storage system operations.
- Delegate incoming field service tickets to appropriate departments based on servicing need.
- Support service contractors and OEM's on storage systems architecture and service protocols.
- Maintain knowledge base of energy storage system support information.
- Work with Storage engineering team to investigate system faults and implement the appropriate response to resolve critical system performance issues.
- Resolve system faults within the designated Service Level Agreement (SLA) timelines and budgets.
- Support planned Operation and Preventative Maintenance processes.
- Maintain technical troubleshooting manuals and workflows to aid in efficiently addressing system operational faults.
- Act as a point of contact for customer issues, complaints and requests.
- Investigate and test alternative system hardware and tools to drive cost savings and system resiliency.
- Assist in tracking and reporting monthly operating system performance metrics for review by the executive management team.
- Perform root cause analysis for common system faults and implement standard solutions to efficiently address future issues.
What you bring:
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Min 2 years' work experience in a technical role
- Familiarity with NEC, specifically as it pertains to energy storage systems
- Experience with low voltage equipment
- Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations
- Experience with 3 phase power
- Experience with telecommunications networking
- Experience with capacitive and/or RF products/applications
- Experience with Python a plus
- Exhibits attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Creative thinker, technically proficient to get the job done
- Entrepreneurial mind-set
- Highly motivated with the drive to be impactful
- Self-directed, highly professional and collaborative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Accountability to the timelines of task completion
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Highly organized with extreme attention to details
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Feb 5, 2021