Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Wood is recruiting a HSSE Advisor - Offshore to join our growing team in Brunei. Successful applicants will be responsible to ensure compliance with Wood and Client procedures. Provide positive leadership for the location on HSSE issues and promote the adoption of HSSE best practice. Promote an enthusiastic HSSE culture that delivers positive commitment to, and engages all employees in, continuous performance improvement.
- Ensure that offshore operations align with Wood Safety Essentials and Global Safety Rules
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of the HSSE management system and progress against the Wood HSSE Performance Standards. Provide recommendations for improvement where appropriate.
- Provide assistance and advice to the Offshore Personnel.
- Contribute towards developing annual HSSE objectives. Monitor and report on the implementation and effectiveness.
- Promote and encourage the workforce to utilize the Behavioral Based observation system (HEART) as a platform to implement a better safety culture.
- Assist with the delivery of HSSE training needs.
- Produce HSSE performance reports as required.
- Alert the Offshore HSSE Leads to any significant matters pertaining to HSSE. Where appropriate, be involved in the investigation and ensure that any lessons learnt are appropriately shared.
- Carry out audits / reviews as requested to ensure compliance with HSSE Management System
Skills / Qualifications
- Must be a Citizen or Permanent Residents of Brunei Darussalam
- The right candidate shall be able to demonstrate at least 2 years' HSSE experience specific to Brownfield Offshore Construction experience as a minimum
- Understanding of WHSO regulatory / legal obligations in Brunei
The incumbent shall have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate (minimum), NEBOSH Diploma preferred
- Internal Auditor qualified 18001, 14001 and 9001.
- Incident Investigation qualified (Taproot, ICam, Beta)
- TBOSIET, IMIST
- 'A' level education certificate, minimum
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.