Jacobs Telecommunication has been at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communication infrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development - complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us as the #1 Design Firm 2018 in Engineering News-Record. While the wireless world is ever changing, the demand for innovative technology and long-term support services remains constant. These services include site acquisition, design and construction, to full operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
Jacobs seeks to hire a RF Design Engineer. The position contributes to the RF Design of DAS and cellular networks including: candidate assessment and approvals for both new network designs and existing networks, redesigning deployed networks to address underperformance and new capacity requirements due to increased data load on the network. In addition, working with sales and marketing to identify the impact of new features on the network and modifying our design methodologies to account for new features, conducting data analysis of network statistics. Drive data to identify network issues and provide recommendations to correct issues, using RF propagation and planning tools. Identifying RF interference issues and troubleshooting inteference problems with field engineers.
- Must maintain and enforce the Jacobs Beyond Zero safety program, ensure daily jobsite safety plans are reviewed and followed, and stop work when unsafe work practices or conditions exist.
- Demonstrated knowledge in several of the following platforms and/or technologies - System Design including: LTE, 5G, LMR, DWDM
- Proficient in ib Wave tool, Mapinfo and Google Earth, and basic SQL
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to perform with general guidance and a thorough understanding of the job and the department's expectations and goals
- Decision making skills (making appropriate use of available information and data, making sound decisions with minimal support from Manager and being responsible for specific projects or definable portions of larger projects or processes)
- Leadership skills - commitment to excellence, demonstrating company values and policies, initiating action, accepting responsibility for results, and making quality decisions
- Superior organizational and project planning skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, listening attentively, applying appropriate grammar, and integrating large volumes of information from multiple sources
- Assessment and approvals for both new network designs and existing networks
- Redesigning deployed networks
- Conducting data analysis of network statistics, provide recommendations to correct issues
- Bachelor's degree in Electrial Engineering or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience designing DAS of cellular networks required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
- Excellent analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills required
- Proficient in office computer applications - Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Hand manipulation is required for grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, as well as below the shoulder for same. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.