Columbus, Ohio, United States
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States
Do you possess a State of Ohio Stationary Steam Engineer's License? Consider ENGIE North America!
ENGIE has an immediate opening for a Stationary Engineer 1 located at The Ohio State University (OSU) in Columbus, OH. This position operates, regulates, and monitors all Utility Plant equipment in an efficient and safe manner. Operational responsibilities include but are not limited to all ENGIE operated utility plants/systems on campus. Stationary Engineers check and regulates the operation/performance of plant machinery and equipment to include gas/oil fired boilers, electric motors, fans, pumps, air compressors, piping systems, and diesel generators and other related equipment.
What you'll do:
- Assist in training new engineers; performs Utility Plant security and safety checks; assist in the overhaul of plant equipment.
- Testing of Power Plant equipment; maintains and cleans plant machinery, equipment and building during operations.
- Regulates the operation/performance of Power Plant machinery & equipment including gas/oil fired boilers, chilled water plants, emergency diesel generators, electric motors, fans, pumps, air compressors, and piping systems. Monitors/adjusts all equipment for safe & efficient operations.
- Takes routine plant readings and performs equipment rounds; maintains logs and enters information into the log computer.
- Tests city water, water treatment plant water, boiler water, cooling tower water, chilled water and heating hot water to make sure all quality parameters are met.
- Adjust chiller plant operation to comply with service quality standards.
- Performs equipment start-up and shut-down procedures as required.
- Receives information relevant to previous shift and passes on relevant information to oncoming shift.
What you bring:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Preferred - Three (3) or more years of experience as an operating Stationary Engineer in an industrial or institutional power plant.
- State of Ohio Stationary Steam Engineer's License.
- Good mechanical comprehension.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts in the McCracken Power Plant (6AM-6PM or 6PM-6AM).
- Valid Driver's License
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Feb 4, 2021