This position is responsible for assisting ENGIE's Financial Analyst prepare, compile, and administer service contracts and purchase agreements in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The ideal candidate has an interest in obtaining experience with a large international company in a trailblazing project to reduce The Ohio State University energy consumption through renewable energy and decentralized energy platforms.
The internship work term will be from April 1st, 2021 - on or around October 1st, 2021, 10 hours per week minimum. Additional hours/weeks may be available based on business needs and will be discussed in advance with your supervisor.
Must be currently enrolled as a student at OSU.
What you'll do:
- The successful candidate will assist the local Financial Analyst, in the of financial planning, reporting as well as completing the monthly accounting close in compliance with GAAP.
- The successful candidate will also assist in reviewing procurement processes in compliance with The Ohio State University and ENGIE's procedures as well as applicable laws and regulations.
- Areas of possible work assignment include compiling financial data, timekeeping records, development of local procurement processes, building Capital Projects contract reports and other projects as assigned.
- This candidate will work cohesively with internal and external stakeholders and work closely on projects directly related to the university.
What you bring:
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Minimum of 1 year completed course work within business, finance or related program.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Negotiating skills and general business acumen (including technical, legal, commodity risk, quantitative and economic analysis skills).
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Pursuing BBA with a major in Contract Management and Procurement, Business or equivalent.
- Prefer GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Prefer Junior or Senior.
- Must be currently enrolled at Ohio State University.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Feb 4, 2021