The Acquisitions, Investments and Financial Advisory ("AIFA") team is a fast-paced group that is closely involved in major transactions and strategic initiatives undertaken by the ENGIE group in North America. As an integral part of this team, the AIFA Analyst is responsible for supporting the valuation and risk analysis of new projects and for supporting the structuring and execution of M&A and project financing transactions.
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain financial models to support investment decisions, following group guidelines. Propose and implement relevant sensitivity analysis for investment files.
- Collaborate across internal functions to develop financial model inputs and assumptions while maintaining responsibility for the accuracy and correct incorporation of relevant inputs into financial models.
- Identify main project economic and financial risks and advise on the appropriate mitigation factors and definition of appropriate contingencies.
- Develop, analyze, evaluate and recommend financial options and proposals as they relate to a business development project or other funding needs.
- Support internal approvals process for new economic commitments and associated financing arrangements.
- Support the structuring, negotiation and execution of financing documents for medium to large size transactions, in accordance with best project finance practices of the ENGIE group.
- Develop presentations for lender and management updates/discussions.
- Support the valuation of existing assets as part of annual asset impairment testing.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Outstanding analytical skills and demonstrated expertise in developing and utilizing detailed, Excel-based, financial models
- Energy market experience in one of the following sectors is preferred; utility scale renewables, distributed generation (i.e. rooftop solar, etc.), energy services, retail electricity, natural gas transportation or distribution
- Commercial acumen with good understanding of accounting topics and tax structures
- Proven flexible team player who works well with others
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask and to work effectively under pressure
- Behavioral capabilities: self-motivated, problem solving, strong personality and leadership, common sense, attention to detail, ability to learn and sense of humor
- Bachelor's degree required with Finance or Economics major, preferred.
- Two to five years of energy industry experience as an analyst or associate at an investment bank, private equity fund or strategic energy company.
- MBA, CFA progress or aspiration or other professional qualifications are a plus.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Feb 4, 2021