The Senior Analyst will support the commercial and asset management team managing a wide range of activities and responsibilities, including the commercial and risk management activities associated with the portfolio of wind and solar assets.
Leveraging fundamental analysis and analytics and market acumen, the Senior Analyst will identify opportunities and work with the team to develop and deploy models to support commercial strategy, strcturing, hedge strategies, asset optimization program.
What you'll do:
- Supports the business in maximizing financial results, while maintaining fair and ethical treatment of all stakeholders
- Assist in the development of the strategy and preparation of bids for daily DA-RT and CRR/TCR/FTR Auctions
- Create, maintain, and distribute P/L and KPI Reports to various stakeholders.
- Builds and maintains contract database to ensure compliance with contract covenants, milestone dates, and deliverables (including production of deliverables as necessary). Examples of contracts include: Power Purchase Agreements, Administrative & Financial Services Agreements, O&M Agreements, Back-Leverage Credit Agreements, and Equity Capital Contribution Agreements.
- Builds, maintains, and publishes internal models for tracking asset specific metrics per contractual terms, including availability, capacity factor, REC's, etc.
- Coordinates with off-taker monthly model results and invoicing
- Responsible for developing and maintaining comprehensive Commercial Plans/Dashboards for all generation assets and work in conjunction with partnership governance
- Monitors and reports the various risks of the portfolio
- Assist in all facets of asset optimization projects (ex. Identify new opportunities, preparation of discounted cash flow models, and present opportunities for approval)
- Supports the development of the annual budget process
What you bring:
- 5-7 years relevant experience required, including 3+ years with an energy company managing wind and/or solar generation in multiple ISOs
- Bachelor's degree required in Majors in Business, Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Finance
- Knowledge of wholesale power product structures and power generation fundamentals is required
- Experience with market structure and protocols of multiple ISO's is beneficial. ENGIE's footprint covers ERCOT, SPP, MISO, PJM, and Canada.
- Commercial experience and understanding of structured and standard energy transactions, experience with portfolio optimization and resource management.
- Experience with markets, protocols and dynamics, including zonal/nodal regimes, congestion mitigation mechanisms, generator interconnection rules, etc.
- Experience with impacts on markets resulting from regulatory change.
- Well-developed analytical skills required for risk assessment and transaction structuring.
- Expert in developing complex financial analysis from scratch.
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language (Matlab, VBA, Python, SQL, C/C++ or other)
- Previous experience building analytical tools for market risk, option pricing and structuring.
- Previous experience integrating analytical models/tools with databases/systems/cloud technology is a plus
- Understanding of US power markets and the scope of traded products available for hedging or power generation revenue is required.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Feb 4, 2021