Skills: Motorman, Maintenance Technician, Oiler
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
REPORTS TO: Engine Room Operator / Mechanic
DEPARTMENT: Maintenance / Technical
LOCATION: Offshore Gulf of Mexico
TYPE OF RIG: Semisubmersible / Drillship TBD
JOB SUMMARY: Carries out daily routine maintenance, lubrication and inspections on machinery and equipment. General duties as directed and instructed by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Able to operate software applications as applicable to position
- 2+ years previous experience in a QMED role on a 6th generation semi-sub or drillship
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Offshore training required:
- BOSIET / HUET
- Rig Pass / Safe Gulf
- USCG QMED License
- Carryout routine maintenance and minor repairs on the engine room equipment and machinery as directed
- Check and record lubricating oil level readings, topping up as required
- Monitor all engine room systems for leaks and anomalies reporting defects immediately
- Maintain the engine room, workshops and associated spaces in a clean, tidy and hazard free condition at all times
- Daily gauging and filling up diesel fuel on relevant equipment
- Maintain an accurate inventory of lube oil and mechanical consumables on board
- Assist with repairs to mechanical equipment as instructed and directed
- Ensure that all fuel and oil transfers are carried out as per company policy and procedures
- Perform regular rounds of all areas of responsibility
- Actively participate in weekly rig and departmental safety meetings
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
- Effectively use all safety and environmental tools
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
Puglisevich USA is an equal opportunity employer
Position OFFSHORE MOTOR OP / QMED Location Puglisevich USA Ltd. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: