Skills: Rig Mechanic, Mechanic
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
ACTIVELY RECRUITING FOR POTENTIAL TEMP & FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES!
JOB SUMMARY: Maintenance and repair of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment onboard the unit as directed.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3+ years experience in the military, offshore drilling or heavy industrial environment.
- Strong Hydraulic experience is required.
- Valid Technical Certificate from a recognized body preferred
- Able to operate software applications as applicable to position
- Previous offshore experience, semisubmersible and drillship preferred
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Offshore training required:
- BOISET / HUET
- Safe Gulf / RigPass
- Performs Maintenance and repair of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment onboard the unit as directed and instructed.
- Ensure that tasks are completed in a safe and efficient manner and comply with all Company policies and regulatory laws and regulations
- Carry out maintenance according to the Company Maintenance Management System guidelines
- Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are strictly adhered to by the maintenance department
- Carry out daily inspections and maintenance on mechanical equipment
- Assist the drilling department with repair and maintenance of drilling equipment as required
- Inspect, troubleshoot and repair faulty mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic equipment and tools
- Ensure that reports for repair, maintenance, and service of equipment are accurate and complete
- Perform maintenance on the unit's safety systems and rescue equipment
- Assist the electrical department with repair and maintenance of electrical equipment as required
- Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions and where appropriate coached and prepared for the next position
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor.
- Actively participate in weekly rig and departmental safety meetings
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Ensure housekeeping in maintained in assigned areas
- Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development or disciplinary action
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
Puglisevich USA is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Mechanic - TEMP - USA Location Puglisevich USA Ltd. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: