Skills: Ships Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
ACTIVELY RECRUITING FOR POTENTIAL TEMPORARY & FULL TIME POSITIONS!
ENGINE ROOM OPERATOR (ERO)
REPORTS TO: Technical Section Leader, and/or Assistant Chief Engineer
LOCATION: Offshore US Gulf of Mexico
JOB SUMMARY: The ERO is Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the unit's main engines
- High school Diploma or Equivalent
- Unlimited 3rd Assistant Engineers license as minimum required with current STCW and flag state endorsements
- Able to operate software applications as applicable to position. Ability to interpret technical literature and drawings
- Previous offshore experience, semisubmersible and drillship preferred
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- Complete competency requirements for current position and work towards gaining competency in the next position
- Valid Passport
- Offshore training required:
- BOSIET / HUET
- Safe Gulf / RigPass
- Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boat STCW
- STCW A-III/1 Operational ERO
- STCW A-VI/2-1 Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (other than FRB)
- Panama Flag State License
- Monitor the power plants controls and power distribution and consumption - ensuring power is available at all times
- Perform troubleshooting, problem solving and plan activities to prevent problems from occurring with the power plant, propulsion plant, and auxiliary equipment on the vessel. This will include the sewage treatment plant, HVAC, potable water, pneumatic systems, etc.
- Operate, maintain, and repair as necessary the engine cooling water system, lube oil system, and fuel system
- Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are strictly adhered
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance and special projects involving the power plant and propulsion system on board the drilling vessel to prevent down time and to ensure the efficient and continual functioning of the vessel
- Carry out maintenance according to the Company Maintenance Management System guidelines
- Ensure that reports for the repair and maintenance of equipment are accurate and complete
- Instruct, train, direct, and supervise Motorman
- Liaise with the marine department regarding the loading, ordering, and use of fuel, potable water, and drill water
- Perform daily inspections and planned maintenance
- Maintain main engine log recording daily consumption
- Mentor, develop, and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions, and where appropriate, coached and prepared for the next position
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Actively participate in weekly rig and departmental safety meeting
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
- Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development, or disciplinary action
- Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by the company
- Complete training requirements in a timely manner as per company's training matrix
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
- Other Duties as Required
Puglisevich USA is an equal opportunity employer
Position Engine Room Operator (ERO) GOM Location Puglisevich USA Ltd. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: