Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
JOB SUMMARY: Supervise the drilling operations and associated activities and ensure it is in accordance with the well program.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Basic Survival Training or BOSIET
- 2+ years previous experience on an offshore drilling rig
- Knowledge of basic technical calculations required for the safe operation of the drilling equipment
- Medical (CAPP or OGUK)
- Valid Passport
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- International Travel is required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure pre-job meeting is carried out for all non-routine drilling operations
- Ensure the Driller is informed on an ongoing basis as to the well program objectives and communicate and changes in plans
- Monitor the maintenance, repair and installation of all drilling equipment
- Ensure the mud mixing systems and solids control equipment are being monitored constantly and properly maintained
- Relieve the Driller at the Driller's console as operational requirement demands
- Review and approve all drilling related work permits
- Supervise equipment preparation for impending drilling operations
- Assist in planning the job activities of the drilling department and associated activities
- Ensure that well control requirements are in place according to operational requirements - assist in supervising well killing operations in an emergency situation
- Other duties as required.
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Toolpusher - International Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: