Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
SUPERVISES: Senior Toolpusher, Toolpusher, Barge Supervisor, Maintenance Supervisor/Chief Engineer
JOB SUMMARY: Manage the manpower and resources of the rig to achieve optimum performance so as to ensure the well program is carried out in a safe, efficient and productive manner. Promote and ensure that all Company Policies and Procedures are communicated and understood by personnel on the rig
PREREQUISITES / QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Basic Survival Training or BOSIET
- Valid Canadian Master Mariner (Unlimited) or Offshore Installation Manager License, or STCW equivalent
- Valid Canadian Barge Supervisor License, or STCW equivalent
- Valid Nautical Institute DP (Unlimited) Certificate
- 2+ years previous experience on an offshore drilling rig
- Valid Well Control Certificate
- STCW Ship Security Officer
- Advanced computer skills
- Valid GMDSS License
- Knowledge of basic technical calculations required for the safe operation of the drilling unit
- Medical (CAPP or OGUK)
- Valid Passport
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- International Travel is required
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the planning and efficient execution of the drilling program in coordination with Customer Representative and rig department heads
- Hold daily operations meeting with Customer Representative and rig department heads
- Manage the Monitoring of all onboard equipment and systems usage, supervise testing and inspection of critical equipment and systems, and ensure operational parameters and limits are observed
- Monitor the application of the Company Preventative Maintenance System program. Ensure that equipment and systems are operational by setting priorities on equipment repairs. Participate in weekly maintenance meetings
- Organize and supervise the activities of drilling, marine and maintenance departments and ensure rig-specific procedures are understood and observed by all personnel onboard
- Responsible, along with Customer Representative, for all third- party services on the rig and ensure that they comply with company policy and safety processes
- Promote and maintain a good working relationship with Customer Representatives, department heads, and third-party personnel
- Ensures that rig complies with Flag State and certifying Regulatory Bodies' requirements
- Maintain daily communication with the Rig Manager Performance on all relevant activities regarding the rig's operation and needs
- Plan operations with the Marine department as related to rig moves, mooring, station keeping and stability. Ensure that guidelines of the rig's Marine Operations Manual are understood and followed
- Other duties as required
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Offshore Installation Manager - International Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: