Skills: Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Technician, Ships Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
SUPERVISES: Electrician/Electronics Supervisor/ Electronics Technician/ Subsea Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: Supervise and control the maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, electronics, subsea, and information technology equipment onboard the rig
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain control over the rig's Rig Maintenance System (RMS) and associated computer database
- Coordinate periodic maintenance activities with the OIM and other department heads
- Plan the service and maintenance of equipment according to the RMS guidelines
- Ensure that reports for repair and maintenance of equipment are accurate and completed
- Liaise with the marine department regarding the loading, ordering and use of fuel, potable water, and drill water in consideration of the rig's stability
- Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are strictly adhered to in the maintenance department
- Inform the OIM and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that may affect the safe operation of the rig
- Maintain an adequate supply of spares to fulfill maintenance requirement and facilitate a safe and efficient operation
- Supply information for maintenance and repair budget
- Maintain proper communication with shore-based Field Support group, rig management, and equipment vendors
- Liaise with the OIM to ensure that all third-party equipment is fit for purpose, certified, correctly installed, and maintained while on the rig
- Approve all maintenance department requisition purchase orders
- Supply rig management with maintenance statistics of the vessel
- Advise on ways of making improvements to the inventory kept on the rig
- Document any and all changes to the RMS system and provide reasons for making these changes to Rig Manager via direct supervisor
- Provide input on the Survey of the vessel and ways to reduce the out of service time of the vessel
- Exercise fiscal responsibility with regard to maintenance budget
- Train personnel on the use of RMS system to reduce error in the system
- Ensure all maintenance personnel receive an annual performance evaluation. Recommend promotion or disciplinary action up to and including discharge
- Other duties as required.
- Valid Canadian First Class Engineer (Unlimited) License, or STCW equivalent
- Valid Canadian Maintenance Supervisor License, or STCW equivalent
- Valid Basic Survival Training or BOSIET
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years previous experience on an offshore drilling rig
- Medical (CAPP or OGUK)
- Valid Passport
- Knowledge of technical calculations required safe operation of drilling unit
- Advanced computer skills
- Experience with Microsoft Project considered an asset
- Supervisory experience in Asset Management, Budget Management and project planning considered an asset
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- International Travel is required
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Maintenance Supervisor - International Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: