Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
SUPERVISES: Assistant Driller, Derrickhand, Pumphand, Floorhand
JOB SUMMARY: Operate drilling equipment as instructed in the well program and Standing Instructions to Drill (SID) in a manner that complies with Company policies and procedures and the Driller's Key Responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Basic Survival Training or BOSIET
- 2+ years previous experience on an offshore drilling rig
- 1+ year experience as a Driller on an offshore drilling rig
- Valid Well Control certificate
- Knowledge of basic technical calculations required for the safe operation of the drilling equipment
- Medical (CAPP or OGUK)
- Valid Passport
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- International Travel is required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate all equipment at the Driller's console in a safe manner; maintain a clean, tidy, and hazard free condition on the drill floor and associated areas
- Monitor the well condition at all times (i.e. depth, mud weight, weight on bit). Recognize, interpret and respond to down hole conditions
- Perform drilling-related operations such as directional drilling, working stuck pipe, running and cementing casing strings, coring, fishing, and assisting in wireline logging, well testing, and other special operations
- Supervise and direct operations in the picking up or laying down of tubular and all drilling-related equipment
- Ensure that the solid control equipment and mud mixing operations are being monitored constantly
- Keep accurate records of fluid displacement when tubular are run in/pulled out of well
- Hold pre-tour meeting with the drilling crew for all drilling operations
- Secure the well during an emergency or well control situation; assist in the well-killing operations
- Supervise the lubrication and maintenance of all drilling and associated equipment and ensure it is carried out in accordance with the Preventative Maintenance System
- Maintain equipment files, drilling logs and records; perform all technical calculations required to carry out drilling operations
- Assist during the running and retrieving of marine risers and BOP stack
- Other duties as required.
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Driller/Assistant Driller - International Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: