Skills: Rig Mechanic, Mechanic
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
JOB SUMMARY: Maintain and repair mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment onboard the rig
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform daily inspections and maintenance of mechanical equipment
- Organize and promote the Rig Maintenance System (RMS)
- Carry out periodic maintenance according to the RMS guidelines and coordinate same with other department heads
- Maintain and repair power plants and monitor power distribution-ensure power is available at all times
- Operate, maintain and repair as necessary the engine cooling water system, lube oil system , and fuel system
- Troubleshoot and repair faulty mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic drilling equipment and tools
- Assist in maintaining marine equipment, i.e. cranes, thrusters, ballast pumps and valves, auxiliary equipment, etc
- Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are followed
- Implement the follow-up requirements to audits, as issued by Clients, Regulatory Authorities or rig management
- Assist in ensuring that all third-party equipment is fit for purpose, certified, correctly installed, and maintained while on the rig
- Maintain an adequate supply of spares in order to fulfill maintenance requirements and facilitate a safe and efficient operation
- Supply information to assist in the development of maintenance and repair budget
- Ensure that service, maintenance and other operational reports are accurate and complete
- Liaise with the marine department regarding the loading, ordering and use of fuel, potable water, and drill water in consideration of the rig's stability
- Mentor, develop and train crew members
- Other duties as required.
- Technical Training / Trade Certification from a recognized body
- Valid Canadian 4th Class Engineer Licence, or STCW equivalent
- Valid Basic Survival Training or BOSIET
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years previous experience on an offshore drilling rig
- Medical (CAPP or OGUK)
- Valid Passport
- Knowledge of technical calculations required safe operation of drilling unit
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- International Travel is required
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Chief Mechanic - International Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: