Skills: Electrical Engineering, ETO, Electrical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Chief Electronic Technician
SUPERVISES: Electronic Technician
JOB SUMMARY: Maintenance, repair and installation all electronic equipment onboard the rig.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out daily inspections and maintenance on electronic equipment
- Ensure that the permit to work system is in place and followed
- Ensure that the Technical Support Centre (TSC) is advise of electrical issues as required
- Participate in the effective management of the Rig Maintenance System (RMS) and Inventory Control System (ICS) - ensure all records are maintained on a timely basis
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair all electronic systems including dynamic positioning, communication, data acquisition, computers and navigational equipment
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electronic systems including, but limited to, Subsea BOP controls and drilling package instrumentation and electronics
- Carry out installation, calibration, and modification to electronic systems and components
- Provide technical support as well as domestic and industrial electronic services to all areas of the rig
- Carry out periodic maintenance according to the PMS guidelines and coordinate this maintenance with supervisor and other department heads
- Maintain an adequate supply of spares in order to fulfill maintenance requirements and facilitate a safe an efficient operation-generate requisitions as required
- Mentor, develop and train new crew members
- Assist in supplying information for maintenance and repair budget
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Electronic Technology/Engineering Certificate
- Valid Basic Survival Training or BOSIET
- 2+ years previous experience on an offshore drilling rig
- Medical (CAPP or OGUK)
- Valid Passport
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for electronic operation of the drilling unit and basic computer skills.
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- International Travel is required
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Chief Electronic Technician - International Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: