Skills: Ballast Control
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
JOB SUMMARY: Operate the ballast control system so as to maintain the rig's position, draft and trim with respect to well location
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Basic Survival Training or BOSIET
- Valid Canadian Ballast Control Operator License, or STCW equivalent
- 2+ years previous experience on an offshore drilling rig
- Knowledge of basic technical calculations required for the safe operation of the drilling unit
- Medical (CAPP or OGUK)
- Valid Passport
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks
International Travel is required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ballast and de-ballast the rig as required to maintain station
- Monitor all ballast controls and related instrumentation. Also, monitor the location of supply vessels, standby boats and helicopters
- Record reports pertaining to stability, boat and helicopter movements, safety drills and rig activities in the daily logbook
- Maintain a continuous listening watch on VHF radio and maintain regular communication with supply and standby vessels
- Monitor variable deck load on a daily basis to calculate and maintain the rig's stability
- Prepare the daily and weekly stability report for the rig
- Monitor fire alarms, engine conditions, gas detection alarms and take action as directed on Station Bill
- Assist in supervising the transfer of bulk materials to and from rig
- Monitor quantities of expendables such as fuel, potable water, drill water and report findings to Barge Supervisor
- Carry out Preventive Maintenance on ballast control equipment and other marine equipment as required
- Inspect ballast equipment and other marine operations and lifesaving equipment, as required, for safe working conditions
- Test fire fighting equipment, obstacle lighting and audible signals
- Monitor the weather conditions and rig motions
- Other duties as required
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Ballast Control Operator - International Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: