Skills: Port Operations, Ships Deckhand / Deck Crew, Ships Mate / Officer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
NO START DATE FOR THIS ROLE. UPDATING DATABASE FOR FUTURE TEMPORARY/FULL TIME POSITIONS.
Job Title: Junior Mate
Job Summary: Navigational watch, inspection/maintenance of lifesaving and firefighting equipment, safety drills, reporting, other duties as required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist during ship to ship operations
- Assist with loading and unloading cargo
- Assist on bridge during arrival and departure
- Participate in the various ship manoeuvres (docking, anchoring, unloading, etc.)
- Participate in the works and general maintenance of the vessel
- Operate the equipment on board in a safe manner and report any breakage or defects
- Other duties as required
- Transport Canada Watchkeeping Mate
- STCW Basic Safety
- DP Induction
- Security Training for Vessel Personnel with Security Responsibilities
- Marine Medical
- Basic First Aid
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- 2+ Years of Marine experience
- Ability to pass a medical, drug screen, and background check
- Professional communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to work in a high-energy and demanding environment
- Organization and leadership skills
It is the objective of Puglisevich and it's client to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland & Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Junior Mate Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: