Skills: Ships Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
NO START DATE FOR THIS ROLE. UPDATING DATABASE FOR FUTURE TEMPORARY/FULL TIME POSITIONS.
Job Title: Chief Engineer - Marine
Reports to: Captain and Vessel Superintendent
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the technical management of the vessel.
- Responsible for the safe operation all vessel machinery and equipment
- Reporting of any incident and/or damage affecting sea worthiness, speed or normal operations
- Perform troubleshooting, problem solving as well as preventative and corrective maintenance to prevent down time while ensuring the efficient and continual functioning of the vessel
- Resupply of fuel, bunker, lube oil and other fluids as appropriate
- Ensure the machinery is in compliance and meets regulatory and class requirements
- Responsible for organizing and supervising Engine Room operations
- Delegate work assignments, supervision and training of Engine Room crew
- Ensure all Engine Room personnel and new hires are familiar with Company policies and procedures and have access to the appropriate manuals and documents
- Maintain and update the Plan Maintenance System in accordance to company policies
- Understanding of pollution regulations and the company's objectives regarding environmental protection
- Act as approving authority for all Permit to Work requests
- Other duties as required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- First Class Engineer Motorship Certification issued by Transport Canada
- STCW Basic Safety
- STCW Survival Craft
- Valid Marine First Aid
- Ship Personnel with Designated Security Duties Certificate
- Transport Canada Marine Medical
- 2+ years Previous experience as a Chief Engineer
- Experienced with Safety Management Systems (ISO & ISM)
- Experience with Microsoft Suite considered an asset
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Puglisevich and it's client to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position.
Position Chief Engineer - Marine Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: