Skills: Captain / Master
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
NO START DATE FOR THIS ROLE. UPDATING DATABASE FOR FUTURE TEMPORARY/FULL TIME POSITIONS.
Job Title: Captain
Reports to: Vessel Manager
- Responsible for the safe operation of the vessel as well as safety of the crew
- Implement and ensure adherence to all statutory and legislative rules and regulations
- Ensure that Company's policies and procedures as well as Health and Safety programs are communicated to, understood and adhered to by all Crew members
- Managing the crew in such a way as to create a strong, cohesive team. and monitor performance
- Supervision and training of Deck crew
- Determine the ship's speed and location using navigational aids
- Oversee transportation of cargo and ensure it follows proper safety procedure
- Responsible for preparation and/or submission of logbooks, daily records, maintenance records and permits in accordance with Company and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for the investigation of any incidents or near misses and the implementation of any corrective action
- GMDSS responsibilities
- Other duties as required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Master Near Coastal or higher certificate of competency issued by Transport Canada
- STCW Basic Safety
- STCW Survival Craft
- Transport Canada Marine Medical
- Previous experience as a Chief Mate/Master on board dry-bulk vessels or tanker considered an asset
- Specialized Oil Tanker Endorsement considered an asset
- GLPA Pilotage certification considered an asset
- Experienced with Safety Management Systems (ISO & ISM)
- Experience with Microsoft Suite an asset
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Puglisevich and it's client to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position.
Position Captain - Marine Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: