Skills: Ships Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
NO START DATE FOR THIS ROLE. UPDATING DATABASE FOR FUTURE TEMPORARY/FULL TIME POSITIONS.
Job Title: 4th Engineer
- Maintain a safe and efficient Engine Room watch and monitor machinery performance in accordance with applicable regulations, Chief Engineer's standing orders and company policies and procedures, and maintenance of the Engine Room Logbook
- Perform pertinent planned maintenance activities in accordance with the vessel's program, as instructed by the Chief Engineer
- Supervise the Oilers assigned to his/her watch, ensuring that cleaning station tasks are performed
- Carrying out safety procedures assigned by the Chief Engineer
- Maintain a record of spare parts used and report to the Chief Engineer
- Ensure that areas and equipment are maintained in a clean condition and that positive action is taken in all cases to ensure that operations conform to regulatory requirements and company policies
- Understand and comply with various safety processes within the Safety Management System
- Possess the skills to perform job related tasks and apply safe practices while performing physical tasks.
- Have a thorough understanding of precautions and procedures related to the Safety Management System
- Have thorough understanding of pollution regulations and the company's objectives regarding environmental protection.
- Other duties as required
- Canadian 4th Class Engineer Certificate of Competency or Higher
- STCW Basic Safety, Survival Craft & Advanced Fire Fighting
- Transport Canada Marine Medical
- Marine Advanced First Aid
- H2S Alive
- 1+ year experience as 4th Engineer in the Offshore Industry considered an asset
- Vessel Personnel with Security Responsibilities
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
It is the objective of Puglisevich and it's client to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position.
Position 4th Engineer - Marine Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: