Skills: Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 11 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Wood is looking for Oil & Gas Senior Instrumentation and Control Engineer.
The candidate shall be reporting to Lead of a project for project work and Instrument Department Head (HOD) on departmental issue.
Perform all Instrumentation & Control and Fire & Gas related aspects of engineering design. Generate front end engineering deliverables such as study, concept review, philosophy, design basis, specification, datasheet, Instrument schedule, I/O list, budget enquery, MTO, review design drawings, F&G CEM, tie-ins, Scope of Work, etc.
Perform sizing calculation for flowmeters, control valves, relief valves using InstruCalc sizing software and use SPI software to generate datasheet, Instrument Schedule, I/O list.
Participate in engineering workshop, SIL study workshop, Fire & Gas Mapping workshop, HAZOP/HAZID, etc.
Interface/discussion with client, interface/review Main Automation Contractor package, interface with telecommunication equipment & design, etc
Opportunity to assume as Lead role function when required as a career development.
Skills / Qualifications
Senior Instrumentation and Control Engineer shall have a minimum qualification requirement as below:
- Engineering degree in Electrical or Electronics or equal
- Registered with Board of Engineer Malaysia
- Minimum 11 years of design engineer in the Instrumentation & Control discipline including 3 years on FEED CPP/WHP projects
- Knowledge of process industries, codes, standards and practice applicable to the design and installation of instruments (e.g. API, ISA, ANSI, AGA, ISO and IEC codes etc.) and SHELL Design Engineering Practise preferred
- Knowledge of system design, DCS, SIS, F&G (ICSS), Turbine Control, Metering, WHCP, Analyzer, etc. preferred
- Knowledge on Not Normally Manned offshore facilities preferred
- Experience in HAZOP/HAZID reviews, IPF review, Fire & Gas Mapping review, Alarm Management study, Main Automation Contractor package preferred
- Strong computer and database skill e.g. Word, Excel, SPI and InstruCalc preferred
- Strong management skill preferred
- Team work, cooperative attitude, effective communication and flexible worker
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.