Field Specialist Technician - Surface Join our Successful Offshore Team Do you enjoy leading a team? Join Our Team
This role is primarily based offshore in the North Sea on an ad-hoc basis. The role of the Field Service Technician is to install, maintain, and if required repair any Baker Hughes SPC equipment in the field. This includes but is not limited to Casing Heads, Casing Spools, Tubing Heads, Tubing Spools, Casing Hangers, Tubing Hangers, MS-1 Seal, MS-T Seal, Pack-Off Assemblies, CB-T Seals, Multi-Bowls, XT's, Gate Valves and Actuators.Partner with the best
You will be expected to supervise installation of Baker Hughes SPC equipment in the field and ensure this is done safely, efficiently and with the 5 fundamentals of HSE in mind. The FST will be required to submit accurate reports detailing the rig activities on a daily basis. These reports must be sent into Field Service Supervisor & ISC. The FST will be required to maintain an accurate inventory and manage this accordingly and must also ensure that accurate quantities of spares are at the work site should they be required.As a Field Service Technician - Surface, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passionTo be successful in this role you will:
- Providing the customer with technical advice at the work site during the operation, maintenance, repair and installation of Baker Hughes products.
- Ensuring FST competency profile is up to date to ensure that the correct skill level is shown and evident through work experience.
- Controlling inventories and report back to onshore support to ensure the appropriate tooling and spares are in the field if and when required.
- Having a strong understanding CAD drawings.
- Completion of reports to a high standard that accurately capture daily activities on the rig.
- Supervising the operations on the rig floor.
Work in a way that works for you
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with proven experience in Services).
- Have a strong mechanical background.
- Have experience working with surface wellheads / XT's.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.