Skills: Civil Engineering, Laboratory Ops / Tech, Materials Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Make an impression in an international company among the 25 best employers in Canada and ranked one of the top 10 Environmental Firms in the world. Wood Resilient Environments is a global growing environment and infrastructure business providing engineering, consulting and project management services.
Wood's team of professionals offers a full range of services to clients in a wide range of sectors including government, industrial & commercial, water, transportation, minerals & metals, oil & gas and clean energy. We are currently seeking Materials Technicians to join our Environment & Infrastructure Solutions group in Saskatoon, SK.
- Maintain orderliness of laboratory
- Preparation of inspection reports and data entry
- Follow Wood's Project Review, Ethics and Safety Policies
- Field Concrete testing
- Field Compaction testing
- Lab Work
- Sieve Analysis
- Cylinder Breaking
- CSA calibrations
- Moisture Contents
- Unconfined compression testing
Skills / Qualifications
- Current enrolment in a Geological, Construction or Civil Engineering Technology program
- Experienced with test procedures for concrete, aggregate, soil and asphalt an asset
- Knowledge of CSA, ASTM, and Provincial Test Methods an asset
- Detail oriented, organized, team player and s elf-motivated
- Willing to learn
- Valid Driver's License with a clean drivers abstract
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors for long days in rough terrain, harsh elements
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to lift independently up to a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Flexible to work overtime as required
- Must have & wear CSA Safety boots while in the field
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.