Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for an Associate Accountant to preferably work in our Aberdeen office, however other UK locations would be considered. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to grow their career with a large global organisation.
The role is responsible for facilitating and executing the closure of legal entities and branches through the legal entity rationalisation project. The project focuses on reducing the number of legal entities in the business, both in terms of those entities which do not trade and can be liquidated, and through eliminating trading entities which have been integrated via the Enterprise programme.
- Utilise accounting knowledge to assist with close down plans in terms of adjustments required to clear down balance sheets, move trade and assets
- Assist the business to close actions prior to commencing the elimination process. To include the preparation of financial statements and dealing with auditor queries
- Assist in country teams or advisors to execute a closure plan for entities that cannot be closed internally
- Preparation of journal entries required to close out balance sheets
- Key contact between business personnel and Group functions
- Work with external advisors and service providers
- Support the business to ensure delivery of key milestones
- Report progress on a regular basis
- Execution of various ad hoc financial analysis
- Provide wider support to the Legal Entity Rationalisation team
Skills / Qualifications
- Further education through College or University with a recognised accounting qualification
- Preferably working towards CIMA / ACCA / CPA or equivalent
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Some financial accounting experience
- Proficient user of Excel
- Good systems experience of Oracle and Hyperion desirable, but not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.