Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer who aspires to be part of a team, delivering powerful results. We look for innovative ideas and an agile approach to deliver the best possible outcomes and offer you an opportunity to progress and thrive by working collectively and making an active contribution.
You will have 3 - 5 years experience in a project engineering environment and aspire to build and develop your experience to a higher level where you can bring your collaborative experience to our team over several projects and studies. In providing support to the Project Manager in relevant aspects of project management and controls you will be responsible for p reparing project reports, scopes of works and assist in the administration of subcontracts.
Position Specifics & Deliverables
- P roject cost and progress reports and forecasting
- Schedule development and monitoring (small studies and projects)
- R e view / monitoring of performance management system indicators for reporting purposes
- C ash flow monitoring, accruals, budget control and reporting
- P articipation in development of project estimates
- A ssist in project control aspects of CAPEX estimating e.g trending
- Mo nitoring of expediting / inspection progress for reporting purposes
- Mo nitoring vendor data progress for reporting
- P roject control lead for small studies and projects
- M aintain change management systems and tool s e.g trend register
- A ssist in the preparation of proposals
- R e ad, understand and comply with the HSSE policies arrangements/procedures and rules as issued.
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- At least 3 years experience within the engineering / mining industry
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary project environments
- Ability to effectively manage within tight time frames
- Interpersonal negotiating and relationship skills
- Analytical decision making skills
- Knowledge of safety, environment and I/R
- Well developed computer skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project Management Software)
- Ability to effectively schedule work items for small projects
- Engineering and/or project management skills demonstrated through evidence of qualification and/or certification from an engineering or project management related course
- Awareness of commercial contract terms and conditions
- Industrial knowledge of engineering projects
- Willingness to learn
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're an Project Engineer, ready for your next career move, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.