Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, United States
When it comes to Specialized Manufacturing within the Advanced Facilities (AF SM) business line for Jacobs, we're a global network of consulting professionals serving the manufacturing sector internationally. As a Structural Engineer professional based within our Greenville SC team, you'll primarily support Pulp & Paper, Chemicals, BioPharma, Foods, and other various manufacturing clients (e.g. Metals, Electronics, etc.). At times you'll also support other business lines in challenging and rewarding projects and be part of our highly skilled consultants' team who provide award-winning planning, engineering and architectural design, construction and program management.
As a Structural Engineer professional based within our Greenville, SC team, you'll work on a variety of projects pertaining to industrial clients ranging from the designs of plant modifications to new facilities. You will be performing various aspects of structural engineering assignments, subsequently increasing the depth and breadth of familiarity with design methods and tools. You'll be a key asset, contributing and working with a diverse teams of engineers and designers on small capital projects or in areas within larger capital projects. You'll liaise with other internal professionals and design departments for project delivery and coordinate designs with other Jacobs offices both domestic and international. You'll have the opportunity to grow technically and professionally with the assistance of senior engineers, as you gain more experience and expand your leadership role within the organization. Other notable supporting responsibilities include performing a variety of analysis, creating computer models for structures, performing calculations for member designs and foundations, material take-offs for estimating, preparation of miscellaneous calculations, assisting with schedules, etc. You'll be a great resource on our team by demonstrating a passion to learn quickly and a desire for mentorship by our highly skilled professionals.
Your role keeps our company connected and we'll support you with what you need to be successful.Bring your creativity, ambitious spirit and passion for excellence, and we'll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you - so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
• Minimum of 7 years history in structural engineering
• Ability to lead teams to deliver commitments on schedule and on budget while meeting quality and client expectations
• Proficiency with MS Office suite software including MS Teams for remote coordination
• Knowledge of CAD software such as: AutoCad, Revit, MicroStation and S3D
• Knowledge and application of ACI, AISC, ASCE 7 and other industry relevant design code and standards
• Knowledge and application of the International Building Code (IBC)
• Typical travel requirement to various client's sites for this role is estimated at 10% to 20% of the time. During Covid-19, travel will be discretionary, and Jacobs will promote safety and flexibility for all their employees during this time period
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
• Master of Science in Civil Engineering
• Registered Professional Engineer (PE)