Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
Skills: Construction Manager, Construction Superintendent
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.Owings MillsMaryland
SUMMARY: Briefly describe the job's primary purpose or contribution to the department or organization.
The Project Coordinator will serve as primary program coordinator for BV clients and management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other job-related duties may be assigned in conformance with state and federal regulations.
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Quality control and assurance
- Web based project management
- Routinely report to Sr Project Manager
- Manage day-to-day activities for program sourcing and logistic requirements
- Expedite purchase orders to vendors working with internal client team
- Manage delivery schedules and translate store requirements to available inventory
- Coordinate & communicate activities and schedules with all vendors and internal BV team
- Manage inbound logistics and tracking process from Material Supplier to Distribution Center to Store
- Alert internal client team of lost or missing material items; monitor and drive sourcing issues to timely resolution
- Assist Sr Project Manager in organizing, communicating and training internal field team on program directives and changes
- Support field team to ensure accuracy of project management system and associated reports.
- Protects operations by keeping company information confidential.
- Delivers outstanding customer service through timely response and proactive solutions to client needs.
- Demonstrates BV's guiding principles in support of the company's strategic goals.
- Follows all documented policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and Work Instructions applicable to the position and support of BV's quality standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work area by complying with all procedures, rules, and regulations.
- May be required to work overtime with prior authorization from supervisor.
This job does not have specific supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree with at least 1-year project coordinator experience.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations : n/a
- Other Qualifications:
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to complete detailed reports with accuracy are required.
- Ability to travel for training and client meetings
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with BV employees and customers
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications with a strong emphasis in Excel
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EEO/AAE: BV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply. BV is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, gender, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, "disabled Veterans", or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. BV values the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members. BV is a federal contractor and requests priority referrals of protected Veterans. Questions: Jennifer Dodson, 800-733-0660.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.