Skills: Project Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ware, England, United Kingdom
Wood Downstream Europe & Africa are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Engineer to support on the delivery of an EPC framework contract on a large pharmaceutical site. You will be based on the client site at Ware, Hertfordshire.
- Fully responsible for the management of a portfolio of projects based at a client's Pharmaceutical Plant
- Clients primary focal point for allocated projects from kick off to close out
- Experience of Projects from FEED to Construction/Commissioning & Closeout (Pharma experience strongly preferred)
- Responsible for the safe delivery of projects to budget and schedule
- Ensure good communication between engineering disciplines
- Maintain effective dialogue with other project engineers, Delivery Team leader, Engineering manager.
- Manage project changes effectively
- Ensure an effective risk management process is adopted
- Provide HSE leadership within sphere of influence
- Responsible for estimation of scopes at each stage of a project lifecycle
- Effective coordination of all elements of the project, with a hands-on, can-do attitude where necessary
- Good stakeholder management and client interfacing skills
- Ensure Roles, Responsibilities and Accountabilities are fully understood by the project team, including sub-contractors
- Development of relationships with internal and external customers and organisations
Skills / Qualifications
- HND / HNC in a relevant Engineering discipline
Minimum Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrable experience in the management of multi disciplined pharmaceutical projects or other relevant industries is strongly preferred
- Practiced in project control mechanisms and with commercial and technical risk assessments
- Excellent communications skills
- Practitioner in risk management processes
- Strong effective delegation skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.