Baker Hughes, Bently Nevada is looking for an experienced QA Engineer to work on a number of exciting projects that will have a very positive impact on Bently business. Responsible for testing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. S/he contributes to quality engineering discussions and designs.Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Own medium-sized quality engineering tasks; and delivers while mentoring and helping team members
- Make technology choices at individual level and has ability to analyze impact
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Integrate project testing with continuous-integration process
- Work with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions
- Provide expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software/embedded software project
- Develop and execute clearly written end-to-end test cases based on domain knowledge and with input from program owners.
- Develop and executes maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases
- Bachelor's Degree in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience (2 years of machinery diagnostic background preferred)
- Extensive experience in test automation
- Extensive experience managing, maintaining, and executing test plans
- Demonstrated experience and ability to write C# code for the purposes of testing solution code (e.g., white-box testing).
- Experience testing web services (SOAP/REST; Throughput, Performance under Load, etc.)
- Experience with issue-tracking and agile project management systems such as TFS, Jira, GreenHopper, Confluence, Rally, etc.
- Experience working in Linux/Unix and Windows environments.
- Experience working with virtual machines (VMs) as part of a test/integration infrastructure
- Experience working with automation orchestration tools
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
- Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
- Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
- Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
- Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
- Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
- Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
- Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
- Demonstrate the ability to help team members
- Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present
- Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new testing frameworks
- Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective team building and problem solving abilities
- Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.