On a typical day, but not limited to, the Field Operator will report to the supervisors will working on the Frac Vessel to the offshore rig to make connections and perform duties to ensure the pressure pumping process is running.
This position is a third level position that requires a minimum of a year experience working at this position or a related field from which it would be easy to transition. The Offshore Field Operator should be capable of operating all auxiliary equipment and pressure pumping units and perform routine maintenance on the equipment on the vessel as needed.Essential Responsibilities:
- Perform daily preventative maintenance & repairs on equipment they will be working with along with efficiently operating that equipment.
- Rig up/Rig down treating lines, hoses and other auxiliary equipment as needed on jobs in a safe manner with little to no direction from supervisors or co-workers
- Knowledgeable with the operation of the auxiliary equipment/pumps and able to perform routine maintenance and minor repairs on the equipment.
- Able to identify potential hazards and correct or report any issues that are recognized
- Able to follow direction from Supervisors and Lead Operators to safely perform daily tasks as needed in a safe manner while also looking out for the safety of co-workers
- Have a basic knowledge of computers to be able to monitor their status of when Training and Safety Modules are due and to complete the modules as needed.
- Capable of working well with co-workers and work as a team on assigned tasks to get the job done in a safe professional manner and capable of living in close quarters with co-workers
- Willing to learn and perform other job-related duties as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year of offshore experience
- Capable of understanding and learning the operation of the equipment they will be operating and performing routine maintenance.
- Prior Oilfield experience in this role is preferred but not required.
- Willingness to mentor and train co-workers to operate and maintain the equipment
- Initiative to learn more and move up within the company possibly into a Supervisory role
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
(Job position is working on Frac Vessel in the Gulf of Mexico on a 14 & 14 Schedule)About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.