Skills: Planner / Scheduler, Supply & Distribution
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Royal Leamington Spa, England, United Kingdom
Wood is seeking to expand and develop its existing successful Transport and Highways Design team within its Built Environment business. We are looking for a dynamic team player to lead development planning projects and to support the development of the business and the team.
You will undertake work at the international, national, regional and local level, often as part of large multi-disciplinary project teams. The workload is extremely varied covering a broad range of projects including large mixed-use developments, transport infrastructure schemes, windfarms and Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects. Key private and public sector clients include organisations such as The Crown Estate, Defence Infrastructure Organisation, Homes England, National Grid, and a wide range of Local Authorities and private developers.
As a senior member of the team you will be involved in the management of internal and external client relationships and the preparation of proposals and bids. You will also guide and review the work of less experienced staff.
You will play an important part in the continued growth of the team, identifying resource requirements and through the pursuit of business opportunities with both existing and new clients.
The workload of the team is diverse, including:
- Preparation of Transport Assessments, Travel Plans, Transport Strategies and Access Studies for development and regeneration projects
- Highway design, including public realm schemes, junction and road designs, cycle infrastructure
- Network modelling: multi-modal, traffic and micro-simulation models
- Preparation of Environmental Statements
Leading and supporting the preparation of bids and fee proposals within the Transport & Highways team and as part of multi-disciplinary bid teams.
Skills / Qualifications
In order to effectively carry out the key responsibilities the following minimum requirements will need to be demonstrated by candidates:
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Transport Planning, Engineering, Town Planning, Geography, or a related discipline
- Extensive experience in transport planning and of contributing to multi-disciplinary projects
- Management of medium to large sized projects
- Preparation of fee proposals and ability to undertake or apply yourself to business development activities
- Experience in Section 106 and 278 Agreements
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Full driving licence
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.