Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
Looking for a career opportunity? Come join Wood as an I&E Technician in Carlsbad, NM. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. The main function is to Install and maintain electrical and instrument equipment in compliance with all rules and practices. Looking for local candidates only as we are not paying per diem or providing lodging.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Plans, updates, and oversees all activities within his or her areas of responsibility according to the laws, regulations, standards, specifications, and procedures. Special emphasis must be placed on health, safety, and the environment
- Supports and encourages team effort between operations, engineering, and projects groups
- Provides input and reviews the control specifications and work practices
- Attends and instructs (as needed) technical meetings, to keep instrument technicians informed of the latest specifications, codes, procedures, and technology
- Provides technical support to other Technicians for maintenance and troubleshooting on company's instrument systems
Skills / Qualifications
- Associates degree preferred.
- Must have PLC programming experience.
- 5/2 schedule
- Minimum of 10 years of maintaining electrical systems and Instruments and Controls
- Familiar with regulations applicable to the operations of oil and gas facilities
- OIMS systems, related manuals, and procedures
- Possesses the general competencies and Operations Integrity Critical competency requirements as documented and maintained in company Operations Training roadmap
- Computing skills Attitudes and Behavior
- Delta V
- Emerson ROCLINK
- SCADAPack Telepace Studio
- Allen Bradley Studio 5000
- Crimson Red Lion
- IDEC Automation Organizer
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.