Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Wood Resilient Environments have a global network of engineers, scientists and project managers, we apply ingenuity, innovative technologies and customer focus to deliver full-service solutions for complex environmental, geotechnical and infrastructure challenges.
Wood, currently has an opportunity available for an Operations Manager for our Integrated Mobility Solutions service line, with authority over infrastructure staff located across Eastern Canada from Richmond Hill, ON to St. John's, NL. This is a senior management role within the Wood Operations structure, responsible for leading, growing and managing the business that services all major market sectors within the operations.
The ideal candidate will possess at least 20 years of experience in multi-disciplinary engineering consulting, with the last 10+ years spent in leading diversified operations. The position requires a diverse background with management experience that include a broad knowledge of public and private sector markets with a particular focus in Ontario. The candidate will have experience in and across a broad range of services including Civil, Infrastructure, Transportation, Planning, Transit, Traffic and Program /Construction Management. As a leader you have a high degree of integrity with a commitment to achieving corporate and regional goals and objectives. You are a strong leader with a strategic, collaborative, client service focused outlook on business and a proven ability in business management.
Strategy & Development :
- Establish long-term business direction based on the analysis of resources, market drivers, organizational values, and emerging economic, technological, and regulatory conditions
- Establish and promote a positive, collaborative work environment, by developing productive, collaborative relationships of trust within and across offices and regions, as well as with functions
- Maintain an active presence in the marketplace by networking, selling, establishing teaming partners, and playing an active role in key pursuits
- Engage the office in strategic planning, welcoming new ideas and brainstorming to consider new revenue possibilities, new markets, and new ways to serve customer needs
- Lead a diversified practice that includes infrastructure, transportation, industrial/commercial and water sectors, offering consulting and engineering to local, provincial and federal consulting customers as well as clients operating in international markets.
- Attract, recruit and retain key personnel through effective leadership and visibility in the marketplace, looking to foster the long term success of the organization
Client Development :
- Lead the office to implement service practices that meet customers' and organization's needs
- Engage directly with customers on high profile or strategic projects
- Adapt to changing market conditions
Financial Management :
- Manage risk, balance the need for growth with the need to mitigate risk by engaging in proposal and tender review (pricing, risks, cash), contract reviews and negotiation.
- Provide verification of continued risk management (scope, schedule, staffing, safety, etc.) and financial target delivery of key projects through the performance of readiness reviews, project reviews, and project inspections.
- Manage cash flow, by meeting and embracing responsibility and commitment to deliver or exceed budget targets.
- Effectively manage facilities and equipment to facilitate productivity and service delivery, and promote a positive engaged workforce
Leading People & Culture :
- Implement processes and engage with multi-disciplinary teams of people to monitor and improve quality of performance
- Create and promote an office environment that inspires people to align with Woods core values, of care, commitment, and courage by role modeling, communicating expectations, and rewarding the right behaviors
- Demonstrate and ensure integrity and a commitment to safety and ethics in all ways
- Establishes two-way communication channels to convey business strategies and plans to all employees; engages people by helping them understand the reasons behind organizational initiatives and the value of assigned responsibilities for the individual, team, and organization
Key Relationships :
- Develop, Manage, and Maintain External and Internal Client relationships
- Collaborate with Wood Operations
- Collaborate and consult with Wood Market Sector Leaders
- Oversee and direct activities of local Client Account Managers and communicate/collaborate with Client Account Managers from Wood operations outside Ontario
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering with Professional Accreditation (P.Eng)
- A minimum of 20 years of experience in multi-disciplinary engineering consulting, with the last 10+ years spent in leading diversified operations
- Successful track record for delivering consulting services with diverse public and private sector clients
- Knowledgeable and experienced in technical and business risk management through the promotion of highly quality services and contract negotiations
- Diversified experience by practice, technical discipline and client sector creating sustainable client relationships
- Skill and knowledge to successfully work with key clients in various the infrastructure and transportation sectors
- Demonstrated success and experience in building rapport and trust with key clients, business leaders, and team members
- Proven track record as a successful P&L manager
- Possess experience in successfully leading an operation of more than 100 people and $25 million fee revenue in a diversified practice environment
- Skilled at developing transformational, strategic plans consistent with the overall goals of the organization
- Proven effective teambuilding and influencing skills
- Must be able to be based out of our Burlington, ON office full time with the ability to travel to other offices within Ontario
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Must have a valid drivers license with a clean drivers abstract
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.