Skills: Contracts Administration
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Contract Manager to join their team, located in Louisville, KY area.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required
We are looking for an individual who can provide leadership and direction for a team of one or more customer contract(s). This will typically be a long-term (multiple year) contract(s) delivering services to one or more customer asset(s) or facility(ies) which may include production operations, maintenance and upgrades.
He/she will play a key role providing operational, strategic management and delivery to support and drive the business plan at contract level. Ensure Wood is working to the highest standards of safety, quality, and operational excellence;
delivering business plans and in support of business growth. Maximize the long term customer relationship
and commercial return by positioning Wood for contract extensions and renewals.
Produce solutions to strategic, contractual, technical, commercial, operational and personnel related
challenges which impact on customer service and performance. Maintain operational integrity and
excellence, tracking and reporting on performance metrics and steering improvements.
Provide leadership and coaching to the contract team, developing capability, facilitating engagement,
- Accountable for delivery of contract performance directly focussing on assigned customer/
- Develops and delivers a robust business plan, whilst driving and supporting corporate initiatives,
ensuring company values are at the core of all activities.
- P & L responsibility with associated commercial and financial accountability including revenue
delivery, margin and overhead management, budget and forecast determination and attainment,
risk and opportunity reviews, cost controls and accounts payable/billing
- Accountable for maintaining positive customer relationship, fostering and enhancing relationship
management with open, honest and effective communications.
- Negotiates changes to contract scope or terms with the customer. Follows Change Management
process to identify and approve scope, cost and schedule and manages risks.
- Maintain operational integrity and excellence, ensuring robust governance, subcontractor
management, and performance reporting.
- Work with leadership and peers to improve delivery performance and maximise delivery
opportunities throughout wider business where required.
- Pursue and develop opportunities for innovation, such as digitalisation and technology use, work
share and high value engineering centres, to bring value to Wood and customer
- Develop and implement a focused strategy at Contract level, support bid and tender activity as
required and assume responsibility for positioning and new growth opportunities.
- Understand customer needs beyond the immediate scope and introducing other Wood Service
Lines to the Customer to grow the overall scope for Wood and add value to the Customer/Asset.
- Ownership of HSSEA matters across Contract: ensure HSSEA values are delivered and adhered to at
all times, continuously influencing and personally role modelling safety behavioural values. Focus
the team to attain all HSE plans, ensuring all contracts have HSSEA plans in place, supporting
continuous improvement and ensuring legislative compliance.
- Is a champion and role model for ethical behaviour and compliance with applicable laws and
- Oversees proposals and call-offs (may be individual projects) within delegation of authority,
ensuring compliance with contracting policy and standards of ethical conduct.
- Responsible for the development and growth of the contract team including supporting and
allowing development opportunities outside of their contract
- Accountability for recruitment, selection and development of talent, ensuring effective performance
and capability management, acting as a coach/mentor and encouraging and supporting open and
effective communication to optimise delivery of objectives, maximise team performance and
achieve continuous performance improvement.
- Participate in peer reviews as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualification in Engineering, Scientific Discipline, or related technical field OR degree qualified
in a commercial/business discipline with significant experience in a technical organisation.
- Considerable Operations / Contract management experience, typically minimum of 5 years for
smaller/less complex contracts and 15 years for largest/most complex contracts/portfolios
- Track record of successful delivery within relevant industry sector
- Broad understanding of the industry and networking capability
- Experience of customer / contractor facing communication / negotiation
- Relevant technical expertise as applicable to the scope
- Ability to balance commerciality with operational excellence
- Knowledge of current HSSEA and other legislation as applied to the industry
- Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge
- Ability to steer and implement change programmes
- Safety focused with an uncompromising approach to risk management. Places the welfare of
both internal and customer employees at the top of the agenda.
- Passionately pursues and supports, demonstrates and embeds company values.
- Strong influencer, negotiator and mediator
- Flexible to respond and adapt to changing internal and external context
- Decisive, with ability to make decisions and follow through, ensuring learnings are captured
- Exceptional communicator both verbally and written
- Strong team builder, listens to needs of team, and capable of identifying and adopting best
practices to engender a spirit of cooperation and energise people towards optimum performance
- Pragmatic in approach with a strong commercial bias and ability to balance commerciality with
- Customer focused - develops sincere and open relationships with customers, current and
potential; listens to customer needs and constantly striving to exceed expectations and add
- Entrepreneurial approach - ability to identify opportunities
- Flexible to respond in agile ways to changing customer needs
- Ability to make decisions and follow through, ensuring learnings are captured
- A motivated self starter, who can self-direct when required, able to use own initiative and
have autonomy to make appropriate decisions but also know when escalation is required
- Critical thinker with problem solving abilities
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.