Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
Come join Wood as a Financial Analyst in San Ramon, CA. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more. Main responsibility of this role will be the direct support of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and associated leadership team with providing financial and operational reports and analysis. This includes cost-benefit analysis, financial analysis and forecasting in addition to working on special projects.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Identify and track value drivers and make recommendations for improvement Drive good decision making through financial analysis and insights Partner with the function to identify and implement cost reduction initiatives Improve financial fluency and acumen within the organization
Skills / Qualifications
- Extensive data analytics experience
- Demonstrated experience with accounting software (SAP) Appio, Target Process, Fieldglass and Microsoft Office 365, including intermediate and advanced Excel, PowerApps and Power BI, Demonstrated aptitude to quickly learn new tools & system functionality.
- Ability to analyze financial information, uncover variance drivers, provide thoughtful and insightful analysis and recommend or determine a course of action.
- Ability to relate financial results to operational events and applicable business models.
- Strong commitment to maintaining collaborative and cross-functional working relationships with internal partners and external customers.
- Ability to handle multiple job responsibilities, set priorities, maintain a high level of accomplishment, and implement process improvements.
- Ability to handle and/or lead projects and influence others to achieve objectives.
- Ability to monitor progress and take corrective action if needed to ensure successful and timely delivery or objectives Ability to listen carefully and to use clear, concise oral and written skills to convey facts, present positions and interpret policies.
- Ability to effectively interact with colleagues and management, providing clear, logical recommendations in a concise manner to stakeholders.
- Corporate Finance/Accounting, Public Accounting or Advisory experience Experience with internal controls practices and compliance topics such as Sarbanes-Oxley testing Experience in leveraging emerging technologies to enhance business processes Practicing knowledge of Accounting policies/procedures (including US GAAP, general accounting, revenue recovery, inventory accounting, property accounting, fixed assets, tax accounting and affiliate accounting).
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.