Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
Come join Wood as an Accountant in San Ramon, CA. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more. The main function of an accountant is to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Prepare, examine or analyze accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare across different reporting periods of actual costs.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems • Compute domestic tax provisioning in 3rd party system (Corptax) for entries back into ERP, ensuring accuracy of transactions, reporting or other tax requirements.
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel and direct their work activities.
- Participate in diverse projects supporting enterprise initiatives ranging from digital technology adoption to ERP system integration.
Skills / Qualifications
- 8-10 years financial and/or accounting experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related financial discipline required. An advanced degree in a financial discipline is preferred.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
- Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
- Ability to analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software (e.g. SAP or Corptax) is strongly preferred.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.