Skills: Captain / Master, Ships Engineer, Ships Mate / Officer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: New Iberia, Louisiana, United States
This position is responsible for operating and maintaining Company boats used to transport passengers, supplies and/or freight.
Operate assigned boat in a safe manner adhering to all Company, federal and environmental regulations.
Responsible for safely transporting rig crew and supplies to assigned locations in a timely manner.
Ensure that crew is aware of the Company's safety practices and provide training as needed.
Maintain boat appearance by assuring the inside and outside are presentable at all times.
Examine for water in bilge and keep bilge clean of oil.
Maintain daily records to include personnel reports/issues, ship position and movements, ports of call, weather and sea conditions, etc.
Maintain appropriate oil level in engines and clutches, check engine for oil, water or fuel leaks.
Maintain lighting on the boat to assure safety of passengers.
Test motor support bracket, alternator belts, stuffing box (grease and pack as needed) and the condition of all hoses and clamps.
Ensure that a spare wheel and shaft are available and kept on the boat.
Examine exhaust manifolds for leaks and change oil and filters every 100 hours.
Change oil in the clutch every 200 hours and clean strainer on a weekly basis.
On a monthly basis will examine the bottom of the boat for damage, and repair as needed.
Adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
Other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must possess a High School diploma.
Should have at least 5 years of experience in the operation and maintenance of boats.
Must possess necessary certifications to properly operate and maintain Company boats.
Must be fully familiar with all required marine functions to include laws, regulations and directives affecting the operation of the boat.
Must have good PC skills to include all MS Office products.
Must have good written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
Must be able/willing to travel nationally and internationally.
Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
Additional qualifications, skills and abilities
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment
- Lift, carry, and move objects of up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Sit/stand while performing primarily sedentary work
- Ability to work in noisy environments
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.