Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Richmond, California, United States
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Lab Technican in Richmond, CA. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. Local candidates only. We are looking for a Physical Analysis Lab Technician to support the Crude Oil Analysis and Refinery Support team of GLS. GLS stands for Global Laboratory Services, which resides in the Downstream Technology & Services department
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Density, skeletal and particle density, refractive index, N-D-M
- Flow properties including viscosity, freeze point, cloud point and pour point
- Catalyst testing using mercury porosimetry, chemisorption
- Thermal properties testing using TGA, VTGA, PDSC, etc.
- In addition to performing sample testing, job duties also include samples log-in and distribution, managing chemical inventory, performing QA/QC testing, monitoring and maintaining QC charts, reviewing/reporting/communicating analytical results to customers, performing instrument troubleshooting and basic maintenance and repair.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Chemistry or related science field required
- 1 year of lab work related experience required
- One year of experience in a petroleum testing lab preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.