At Jacobs, we are using our solutions in rail and track to create a more connected and sustainable world- environmentally and socially. Would you be intrigued to join our team of innovators?
As a vital member of our rail/transit traction power group, we'll ask you to draw from your engineering experience and create technical designs for project aspects such as traction power substation and distribution design associated with conceptual engineering, along with detailed engineering designs, and preparation of transit/rail contract documents for construction. In addition, you'll be asked to support national projects.
Working alongside a team of technicians and engineers, you'll be responsible for using code compliant electrical practices for designs. You'll participate in power system studies for AC and DC electrified railway systems, computer simulations and studies including AC and DC systems, and perform site investigations in substations and along railroad tracks. You'll provide assistance in reviewing contractor shop drawing and testing submittals, preparing technical proposals, and actively participate in Quality Control of design for completeness and accuracy - you'll ensure we're doing better together!
If you want to join a company invested in you, your success and the global community - join us as a Traction Power Systems Project Engineer.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
• At least 5 years of electrical design experience
• Standard Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• AutoCAD proficiency. Ideally, You'll Also Have:
• Professional Engineer (PE) License
• Experience in Revit
• Experience in electrified railway (3rd rail or Overhead Contact System) substation and power distribution systems design to include:
- AC and DC rail transit traction power substations.
- Wayside cable plant, Circuit breakers, Switchgear, Transformers, Rectifiers.
- SCADA and PLC control systems.
- Relay protection