At Jacobs, we are using our solutions in rail and track to create a more connected and sustainable world- environmentally and socially. Would you be intrigued to join our team of innovators?
As a vital member of our rail/transit traction power group, you'll have the opportunity to design development of transit and trail traction power projects so we can shape lasting solutions for the future. We'll ask you to draw from your engineering expertise technical design for project aspects such as traction power substation and distribution design associated with conceptual engineering as well as detailed engineering designs, and preparation of transit/rail contract documents for construction. In addition, you'll be asked to support national projects.
Working alongside a team of technicians and engineers, you'll be responsible for creating drawings and simulations using software tools and resources supporting our clients' overall project goals. Also by assisting in field inspections, monitoring construction site for contract compliance and safety parameters- you'll ensure we're doing better together!
If you want to join a company invested in you, your success and the global community - join us as a Traction Power Systems Project Engineer.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
• At least 10 years of electrical design experience
• Professional Engineer (PE) License
• Standard Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• AutoCAD proficiency.
• Experience in electrified railway (3rd rail or Overhead Contact System) substation and power distribution systems design to include:
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
- AC and DC rail transit traction power substations.
- Wayside cable plant, Circuit breakers, Switchgear, Transformers, Rectifiers.
- SCADA and PLC control systems.
- Relay protection
• Experience in Revit