ENGIE are recruiting for Sullom Voe Terminal power station Deputy Manager to be based in Shetland (ZE2 9TU). This is a permanent and full-time role which involves normal office hours Monday - Friday (and occasional additional hours and be part of a stand by rota). The post holder must be resident in Shetland. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package. General Overview
The position of Deputy Manager is for the existing Sullom Voe Terminal power station located in Shetland. The power station is operated by ENGIE FM Ltd
as a part of the Asset Management Contract with EnQuest. ENGIE is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the power station and it comprises of 4x 25 MWe Gas Turbine units, 4x Waste Heat Boilers, 2x Auxiliary Boilers, Nitrogen Plant and 4x Service/Instrument Air Compressors for delivery of utilities to the Terminal and electricity to Shetland Grid.
Reporting to the Station Manger, the post holder will work as a member of a small management team and will be responsible to lead front line managers and administration.
The Deputy Manager may be required to deputise for the Station Manager during periods of extended absence. Key Accountabilities
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
- Key role in ensuring that all aspects of health, safety, environment and quality compliance are met
- Leading working groups when requested to drive continual improvement
- Support the Discipline Managers in completion of their works to ensure targets are met
- Providing sound commercial and contractual advice to the Station Manager and Management Team
- Implementing Group commercial processes for cost capture, valuation, procurement and reporting
- Attend meetings with client, sub-contractors, suppliers and other company members as necessary
- Support the tender process for contracts / orders
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a management position within an engineering/utility business
- HND or higher in relevant engineering/ technical discipline
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of financial control and reporting
- Demonstrate experience in commercial and business development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent team working and engagement skills
- High level of competence and ability in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to handle a complex and demanding workload and to offer solutions in a timely manner while focussing on safe and efficient operations
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Full UK driver's licence
- Diploma in Management or equivalent
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Visio and Project Planning
- Communicate at all levels, and lead, develop and motivate the team
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
- Additional Locations: Europe-England
- Posting Date: Feb 2, 2021