To be responsible for Project Management/ Planning/ CoordinatingEngineering activitiestypically in the context of a production or services project to fulfill a customer order or need according to engineering/financial/commercial parameters and ensuring customer satisfaction. Participates in discussions about the future of the business requiring frequent and thorough interaction with other functions. Develops the year plan for the own function on the basis of the framework of the strategic plan for the whole unit.Roles and Responsibilities
- Be the BH key point of contact for the customer
- Support technical troubleshooting activities on site including Root Cause Analysis activities
- Improve machinery performance through implementation of Service Bulletins, Technical Information Letters and Trip reduction programs
- Work with Remote Monitoring & Diagnostics and Engineering team to support customer operation continuity
- Own Outage Excellence process to deliver on outage planning and fulfilment
- Lead site outage team to deliver customer focused outcomes
- Drive and support meetings for contract review, site & outage activity planning
- Manage internal operating metrics and own contractual and business KPIs
- Actively support the financial and execution performance of the contract and annual Margin Reviews
- Support and align business strategy with Fleet Manager and Key Account
- Support Sales team to drive upsell through upgrades opportunities, new services, and extra works
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of 5 additional years of experience in Contract Performance Management (CPM).
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
Salary Range: AUD 180,000 - 200,000 per annumAbout Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.