Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Our client is seeking a Electrical and Instrument QA Inspector for a short Turn around. This position is a 3 month contract, FIFO from Calgary/Edmonton. Camp is provided. Rotation is 10x4.
• 10+ years of Quality Assurance experience with supervision of QC contractor.
• Journeyman Electrician is required.
• Bachelor's degree or Engineering Technology Diploma in electrical/instrumentation (registered or eligible for registration with APEGA or ASET) is a great asset.
• Oil sands direct field based experience is required.
• Strong knowledge and exposure on Canadian Electrical Code (CEC) Part 1. Industrial & Commercial Applications particularly in hazardous locations (HV/LV, VFD, PLC, DCS, SAP, EHT, Switchgear, and motor controls).
• Strong organizational skills, attention to details, and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, handling multiple projects of competing priorities and work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• Physically fit and capable for working outdoors in all weather conditions involved in large amounts of walking, bending, climbing, ladders/stairs, harness use, and aerial platform.
• Familiarity, understanding, knowledge, and previous experience of the followings are considered exceptional assets:
o Projects and various phases of execution (e.g. DBM, EDS, EPC, Commissioning).
o Quality Management Plan (QMP) accredited by Safety Code Council.
o Turnaround/Shutdown dynamic and expectations for such environment.
o Project management skills (e.g. schedule, step listing, etc.)
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.