Skills: Refinery / Plant Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Evanston, Wyoming, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Plant Operator w/ mechanical and general maintenance experience to join our team in Evanston, Wyoming. You will be r esponsible for assisting in the operation of natural gas processing facility, including monitoring processing plant, pump repair, compressor troubleshooting, performing inspections and conducting preventive maintenance. Oversee the overall operation of the plant. Control room operating and pin pointing concerns to improve plant functions. Exchange information to maximize plant production, quality and efficiency.
General maintenance and wellhead experience preferred.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Conduct field mechanical practices while providing the Company with the best probability of success in a timely manner while minimizing downtime and expenditures
- Operates plant facilities' various equipment/systems including, but not limited to: Gas plant processing, process controls and measurement, pumps, pressure relief system instrument air system, dehydrators, fuel system, emergency shutdown systems, gas turbines, reciprocating compressors, steam turbines, gas fired boilers, process pumps, amine treating systems, inlet and gas receivers
- Optimize processing throughout the facility and maintain proper product specifications
- Responsible for plant start up or shut down when needed
- Monitoring plant remotely via electronic surveillance devices to insure operations are running smoothly
- Provides guidance to Plant Tech and Mechanics to insure plant is operating at ideal levels
- Communicates plant performance and remediation recommendations to ICC and local leadership
- Manage acceptable condensate levels within plant specifications
- Engaging stakeholders to develop and communicate monthly and daily operational targets.
- Providing information and guidance based on a consolidation of data and a broad perspective of day to day operational performance.
- Coordinating/supporting responses to abnormal operating events and crisis events
Skills / Qualifications
- General mechanical maintenance experience
- Full knowledge of instrumentation and controls associated with natural gas processing
- Two - Three (2-3) years of processing experience and 2 years as plant process board operator
- Have a good understanding of plant principles and operations
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Must be able to interface effectively with many internal and external customers, regulatory officials, company contacts, and co-workers, strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- High School Diploma OR GED required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.